Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

kitchen tiles/kindness

One summer ago
during a late night talk,
while standing on the partially re-tiled floors
of your parent's kitchen,
you stated that you did not want to be "bound" to me
because of my kindness.
I could tell by the way that you let it crawl out of your mouth, that you thought of
kindness as both
a leech
and
a weakness.
Kindness, to you, is a symptom of na├»vety, half-knowledge and unconsciousness (but this took me another year to learn).

Before I met you "kindness" was always just "kindness."
simple, transparent, happy

Before I met you I was simple, transparent, happy

Now I understand
that kindness has the power to skew dreams
and manipulate men.
I keep handing you my rosy glasses,
you keep handing them back.
At least we're consistent.



Proverbs 3:3 Don't ever forget kindness and truth. Wear them like a necklace. Write them on your heart as if on a tablet.



1 comment:

autumn said...

This is heartbreak and beauty. If I ever get a chest tattoo it will be of 'kindness and truth' , this is beautiful.