Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beginners

We didn’t go to this war. 
We didn’t have to hide to have sex. 

Our good fortune allowed us to feel a sadness that
 our parents didn’t have time for and a happiness I never saw with them.

-Oliver Fields, Beginners


  1. Hal: Well let's say... let's say since you were little, and you've always dreamed of someday getting a lion. And you wait, and you wait, and you wait, and you wait and the lion doesn't come. Then along comes a giraffe. You can be alone, or you can be with the giraffe.
  2. OliverI'd wait for the lion.
  3. HalThat's why I worry about you.

Beginners

I had my lion. Now I've got a giraffe/lion hybrid. Sometimes it just feels good not to be alone. Sometimes just having a little pile of someone else's belongings in your house makes you feel alright. Somehow that little act makes everything right in the world, and proves that you must belong to somebody (even if just a little bit). 

No comments: