Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This new person

This is not the sound of a new man
 or crispy realization
It's the sound of the unlocking and the lift away
Your love will be safe with me
- Bon Iver


I'm struggling with this new person I've become. I don't like her much. I'm painfully aware of her faults.

She is unfocused, moody, and generally overly-sensative
She piles the weight of her world onto the wrong people
She is broken, jealous, and growing bitter
She is running out of things to fill herself with (the pain is seeping back in)
She is angry 
She is getting by in every portion of her life (but doesn't feel alive)
She is judged and condemned by others
She is sick of crying 
She is unable to accept love 
She is much too much

She is desperately trying to figure out who she is

She isn't me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is beautiful.
she has a warm, caring heart.
she ALWAYS makes me laugh.
she is smart.
she is thoughtful.
she has great taste in music.
she is an amazing artist.
she is a dancer.
she will forever be my best friend.
i will always love her no matter what her life looks like.