Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Now you know


The Demise of a Yellowbird, mixed media on wood

I guess I've always been in love with the idea of being in love. Of having that insane connection with another person. I really thought I had it there for a long while. I think even the people closest to us were fooled. My hope is that someday I'll be someone's yellowbird again (isn't that what we all want?). But for now it feels like I'm free-falling towards Earth just letting my body go limp. 

Urban Dictionary sums it up pretty well:
yellowbird
1. A person's true love; the one person they are both externally and internally, both consciously and subconsciously attached to with the realization that those feelings will never die; the one person that they know they can't live without.

If they find this person, they are the luckiest in the world. If not, they are eternally screwed.
"I never thought this life was possible, you're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for." - Conor Oberst

2. .The warm yellow light, the happiness, between two people in love. 

3. A common reference in Bright Eyes songs based off of a song by the folk artist Simon Joyner. This song speaks about how when you have this connection with your yellow bird your actions hurt them even when you aren't together.
"Did you forget that yellow bird?
 How could you forget your yellow bird? 
She took a small silver wreath and pinned it on to me
She said, "This one will bring you love" 
And I don't know if it's true

But I keep it for good luck." - Conor Oberst 

No comments: