Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

This is my prayer.

And I've held out as long as I can. Now I'm letting go and holding out my hand.  
                                              source

I surrender. My little white flag is up. 


Help him find his way. 
Help him to be healed. 


But for now I'm letting go. I'm placing him in your care God. 
I can't worry any longer. 


Empower me to know this is the right decision. 
YOUR will be done God, not mine. 
I have no idea where you are leading me, or why. 
But I can't fight against it any longer. 
Help me to be a strong enough mother to do this alone. 


Amen. 


                                                             source


"...And the world’s got me dizzy again
You think after 22 years I’d be used to the spin
And it only feels worse when I stay in one place
So I’m always pacing around or walking away
I keep drinking the ink from my pen
And I’m balancing history books up on my head
But it all boils down to one quotable phrase

If you love something, give it away"

3 comments:

autumn said...

a great prayer. I waved my white flag too. I am praying for you. How obnoxiously cliche of me.

Anonymous said...

You are strong enough, you always have been and always will be.

Erin said...

this is a beautiful prayer.
God bless.