Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life Alone







I wore spaghetti straps and floral prints even though
 we are thigh deep in snow (it makes me feel good).  
I bought a book with 1,276 pages. It should keep me busy for a while. 
I took a refreshing fifteen minute walk in the freezing cold.  
I took these photos without your help. 
I listened to certain songs on repeat. 
I saw you for an instant and it felt so strange. 
I stayed busy until 3 a.m. and then slept out of pure exhaustion. 
I held my breath under water in the tub and blocked out the world for a bit.  
I felt free in a really weird way. 

I felt like superwoman until the baby asked "Dada? Dada?" 
And then I'm pretty sure that my heart just stopped working. 

7 comments:

Erin said...

hang in there. sending hugs.

Jillian said...

sweet girl,
you are breaking my heart.

praying for healing.

Becca said...

I'm with Jiliian--you're breaking my heart.So sorry, love.

Kim said...

love you.

Anonymous said...

Sending you my love, warm thoughts and prayers. If I can help please let me know how, love you.
AC

Eve said...

you are strong, you are strong, you are strong. and you are loved, loved, loved.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMba8vsep9I

-J9

:) It'll be otay. Thank you for posting.