Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A handmade Christmas, pt. 3

So, I'm not sure if this idea is "handmade" per se but it is easy to make and very personalized. Lots of times I feel like I get stuck in the gift-buying rut of attempting to shop according to people's hobbies. Usually I'm left feeling like the person already has everything related to their hobby. An easy way to get out of the rut is to do some homemade photography using items the person already owns.

By doing a little spy work I was able to take some photos of my friend's "band room" without him knowing it. Then when I printed the photos I just used the Kodak machine at the store to make a preset collage. It was super easy and only took about ten minutes. You don't even have to make the collage yourself, you can keep hitting the "shuffle" button until the photos are in an order that you like. I think the most important thing is to take close up photos of several details of the hobby. Total cost for frame and all $7! Can't beat that.


I think he is going to be very surprised and excited about this gift. 

1 comment:

Becca said...

That is SO COOL.

I've got 100 different collage ideas in my head now. Thanks!!!!