Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A handmade Christmas, pt. 2

I'm so proud of the amazing find this desk was. I had snatched it up at Goodwill for $5 a few months ago. It has been an eyesore in the living room corner begging for some new paint ever since. This week I finally went and bought the supplies for it and got it loaded into the car. The very same day I logged onto my favorite children's decor site Oh Dee Doh and found that they had written about this exact desk (or a very expensive version of it). It was such a strange coincidence. Here is the post about it:


Here is my gem before: 


And after:


I used chalkboard spray paint that turns the surface into, a well... chalkboard. I've seen this paint used a million times lately and wanted to give it a try. I really like the flat black look it has. 


Plenty of room to draw all over the sides, desktop, and back.


And a little boy's desk is never complete without a robot with a drawer mouth. 


I let him take an early Christmas test drive.
 He thought erasing the chalk was the best thing ever. 

1 comment:

Once Thoughts said...

So Cool!You have a beautiful family!