Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The beginning of a beautiful friendship.

I was searching online for an easy way to monogram clothing when I came across this post. Using freezer paper (which I hadn't ever heard of before) from the grocery store you can create ANYTHING to "print" onto fabric.

 I think I've found my new obsession to get me through the winter. Why have I never heard of this before? And it is so very inexpensive too. Thank you Baby Night Night Boutique blog.

Here is my first attempt at it.

I used my favorite trick of using the computer screen as a light table to trace the image:


I found it easier to cut the paper from the back (wax) side. 
Then iron onto fabric with hot iron. 


I just used regular black puff-paint for fabric. 
Let dry fully, about 30 minutes to be safe. 


Peel away once dry, and then smile at your handmade monogram. 


It isn't 100% perfect, but it is the best I've ever found. 

Buttons inspired by this post

No comments: