Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Projects as of late...

I don't know the proper trendy word for the philosophy of my sewing. Up-cycling? Repurposing? Don't-want-to-spend-moneying? One of my friends has been in and out of the hospital with her premie baby for over a month now. His nickname is Moose and he is ADORABLE. To spread a little joy I made him a moose hat using my son's old onesie and a pair of leggings. When my neice was born a few years ago, I discovered that chopping off sweater sleves is a great shortcut to making a baby hat. I pretty much followed the same idea here.
Before: 

During:


After:


In Use on Moose: 



How CUTE is he?! I'm happy to report that Mr.Moose is now gaining weight at too fast of a rate and has been on a baby diet. Best news ever. 

My other projects lately have been some wedding gifts for friends. This one is made from some plywood from my Dad's shed, with some paint from my Dad's studio. Nothing better then a free-to-me wedding gift. These paintings are for a musical couple so the quote says "Music is love in search of a word." It has some fabric and paper elements on it too.



 This couple is very good friends of mine so there is still more to come for them. Once I finish all of their gifts I'll post the links to my inspiration for their projects.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see Mr. Moose on your blog!!