Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pumice


Inside an old notebook I found a line scribbled in my messy cursive "build your house on rock so it can weather the storm." Right now I am in the midst of a storm and I'm afraid that my house is only built on pumice stone. The storm is a tidal wave that overtook me as I idly sat on the beach. It's drilling thick black mud, harsh particles, and ugly things from dark places into every part of my house.

As the days pass the particles hurt less and less but some of them will be ingrained into my skin forever. I looked outside my window today and saw the first sign of hope. It was a peaceful little firefly drifting with the wind.


*Matthew 7:24-25  Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

1 comment:

Saul P. Arredondo said...

i hope that whatever is going on passes and you're able to move forward from it. every day is new. love you.