Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Toms da' bomb.

My husband is the most thorough online shopper that I have ever seen in my life. He spends hours upon hours of his free time browsing websites looking for the best time to get the best deal. My parents made the mistake of getting him a gift card to Cabela's once. His birthday was in May and he wasn't able to make a decision and purchase something until March of the following year. Thrifty shopping or adult ADD? You be the judge.

Recently he's been perousing for a pair of Toms shoes. I had heard about Toms before but I thought of them more as a status symbol/hipster thing. Papa-bear located the only shoe store in the state that carries the shoes. We were already planning to pick up some friends from the airport near the store the following week. About ten minutes after entering the store my husband’s hopes and dreams were crushed. They informed him that they were out of any shoes in size gigantic (men's 13). BUT they did have my size. I tried a few pairs on and instantly fell in love with the pure comfort.

By the end of the day I had a fresh pair of Toms, and Hubby had "I told you that you'd like them" bragging rights.

By looking at the Toms shoes I thought they would feel like my $4 RiteAid tennis shoes- cheap and rubbery. But I was SO wrong. My Toms are hands down the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I want to sleep in them. I want to swim in them. I want to tame a lion in them.These would make great "end of pregnancy" shoes. They are flexible and soft and have the best arch bump my  feet have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

So join the club and go get yourself a pair of Toms. They are a little expensive for my taste but they have a "One for One" motto. For every pair you buy, they donate a pair to a child in need. And that is pretty darn cool.

And I promise not to call you a hipster.
________________________

If you are wondering... the text on my shoes says this:

If the world were a village of 100 People
  •  30 are unemployed
  •  43 live on less than $2 a day
  •  40 have no shoes
  •  23 drink polluted water
  •  58 have parasites
  •  20 are malnourished
  •  14 are illiterate
  •  33 have no electricity
  •  3 are slaves
  •  1 has AIDS

No comments: